Al-Futtaim (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) collects and uses your personal data for the following purposes and the pursuit of Legitimate Interests (as set out below) to make our services to you better:
- to create, administer and maintain your Membership account;
- to register you as a user of the App or a member of the Programme;
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to tailor and personalise the goods and services that we provide to you ;to provide or facilitate any special assistance you may have asked for;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to create a profile about you by combining your information with any other personal data we hold about you;
- to identify and verify your identity;
- with your consent, to contact you about your Programme membership account, details of our membership benefits and promotional offers and products and services which we think may be of interest to you;
- to track your earning and redemption of Cashbacks to ensure that you receive our membership benefits;
- for marketing and market research purposes – to tailor what we present to you to better understand and match your preferences and needs;
- to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and investigation of any criminal or unlawful activities, claims handling, and related legal and administrative purposes.
Al-Futtaim uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on our latest membership benefits and promotional offers.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications from us, your personal contact details and information about your transactions on this App will be shared by M&S with Al-Futtaim Group for marketing purposes and customer research and analysis.
Al-Futtaim Group and M&S aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional/marketing communications from M&S and Al-Futtaim Group at any time, by:
If you choose to opt-out of promotional/marketing emails, you will still receive operational/administrative emails about your Membership, including, for example, but not limited to order confirmation, account update and profile update.
In order to make certain services available to you and for the purposes of the pursuit of Legitimate Interests, we may need to share your personal data with some of our third party service providers including agents and contractors. These may include IT, delivery and marketing service providers, social media and research companies. We have no control over and will not be responsible for the usage of personal data by such third party service providers.
Aside from our service providers, Al-Futtaim and/or M&S will not disclose your personal data to any other third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with the following individuals, bodies and organisations:
- our carefully selected partners who provide ‘M&S’ branded products and services including Al-Futtaim Group, if we have your consent to do so;
- credit reference agencies and payment card issuers (such as Visa, Mastercard and American Express) where necessary for card payments;
- professor advisors such as lawyers, accountant, financial advisors and insurers;
- new entity in connection with any actual or proposed merger, acquisition, transfer, re-structuring, sale, transfer, financing;
We have no control over and not responsible for the usage of personal data by such individuals, bodies and organisations.
Al-Futtaim may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on our Websites;
- your password(s);
- Your Membership identification barcode on the App, your Cashbacks balance, your Membership account status and activities relating to your Membership account (if you are a member of the Programme);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with M&S; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Al-Futtaim is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire Al-Futtaim and/or M&S IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Al-Futtaim and/or M&S will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Al-Futtaim and/or M&S asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Al-Futtaim and/or M&S and more generally.
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, tapping on ‘Personal details’ and then tapping on ‘Change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Click here for further information.
Legal basis for Al-Futtaim processing customer personal data
Al-Futtaim collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- the pursuit of our Legitimate Interests;
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the Legitimate Interests of Al-Futtaim, including –
- selling and supplying goods and services to you;
- protecting you, our employees and other individuals and maintaining theirsafety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the Programme);
- understanding your behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- handling your contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Al-Futtaim; and
- fulfilling our duties to you, our colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Our App may contain links to other sites operated by third-party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you follow any links to leave our App and read the privacy statements of other websites and mobile application. We have no control over and are not responsible for the personal data that may be collected and used, or the information you receive from such third parties.
If you have any questions about how Al-Futtaim uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
E-mail us at: MandSHK.OnlineCustomerService@alfuttaim.com
Write to us at:
ALF Retail (Hong Kong) Limited
1806B-10 Exchange Tower, 33 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong
When contacting us, please remember to quote your name and contact details along with any correspondence reference you may have.